To maximize your job search efforts, visit the Southgate Michigan Works Center at 15100 Northline Road in Southgate, MI (room 101). There, our trained staff will evaluate your situation and refer you to all the appropriate resources for your job search needs. In addition, Michigan Rehabilitation Services and Veterans Services have representatives available to meet (by appointment) with individuals eligible for their services.
The center is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Stop in or call 734-362-3466.
Pure Michigan Talent Connect
Use this resource to post your resume and search for jobs. This program allows you to reach hundreds of employers quickly, and matches jobs to your unique skills and abilities automatically.
Job Search Assistance/Resources
There are thousands of websites for Job Search Assistance. Here are a few.
- Flip Dog – www.flipdog.com
- The Monster Board – www.monster.com
- Hot Jobs – www.hotjobs.com
- Michigan Job Hunter – www.micareerbuilder.com
- Nationwide Newspaper Links – www.usnpl.com
- State, County, City Jobs – www.statejobs.com
Congressman John Dingell has put together a guidebook for displaced workers that you may find helpful!
Our On-Site Services
When you visit the Southgate Michigan Works Center, you may access a variety of resources, including:
- Resume and Cover Letter Guides
- Occupational and Educational Guides
Job Search Support Materials
- Apprenticeship and Civil Service Information
- Career Exploration Tools
- Immediate E-mail Resume Referral
- Workshops (including but not limited to: Proven Job Search Tips, Interviewing for Success, Resume Writing, and Networking Techniques)
- Fax/Copy/Telephone Services
- Interest Surveys
- Referrals to Community Services
- DeLEG Career Portal
- Typing Tutorials
- Computerized GED preparation software
- Career Research Tools
Veterans with at least one day of active military service and eligible spouses are eligible to receive Priority of Service. Priority of Service allows veterans and eligible spouses to receive Michigan Works! services before or instead of non-veterans. To take advantage of this entitlement, be sure to identify yourself as a veteran or eligible spouse to Michigan Works! Service Center staff upon entering our service center.