11/10/2022 04:45:17 PM
Great Workforce Development opportunity. The Business Service Field Representative will develop work-based training, such as on-the-job training and job placement opportunities for customers. This staff person is responsible for serving all customers who are seeking employment. The Business Service Field Representative would also identify suitable sites for youth paid and unpaid work experience, internships and job shadowing.
Works as a part of a team to assist customers in gaining career goals by helping in the development of the customer’s career/employment plan. Participates in business retention or expansion efforts in the Downriver area.
As part of a coordinated team effort, the individual in this position also markets programs and other special projects/programs mandated by SEMCA to prospective employees and employers. This goal must be accomplished while remaining within detailed, restrictive State, and Federal regulations and guidelines, as well as the attainment of multiple State-performance standards and benchmarks. This position requires the ability to promote the hiring of all customers, and effectiveness in advocating on their behalf.
Must be proficient in Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Maintain a working knowledge of all computer-based to do candidate tracking systems documentation, career preparation, occupational information, correspondence, job listings, and training opportunities. Uses computer to enhance job development and customer referrals. Must be willing to work weekends or evenings on occasion, as needed for special events.
Educational and Experiential Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, with three (3) years’ of work experience in any, or a combination of the following areas: job development, job placement, human services, marketing and sales. Must be a self-starter, very original, highly flexible, and possess the ability to multitask efficiently. Must be willing to complete any required training/workshops.
Must be able to develop and maintain effective relationships and represent the agency in a positive manner. Knowledge and experience of the local labor market is advantageous
Competitive benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and 401k with employer contribution
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday pay and paid time off
Career Specialist – Full and part-time
11/10/2022 04:34:33 PM
*4 Full and 1 Part-time position available*
Minimum qualifications required for this position include:
- Excellent professional administrative skills desired
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with customers or clients, preferably in a placement, educational, human service, or career development capacity.
- High school diploma or GED required; additional education in a related field preferred, but not required.
- Ability to articulate thoughts clearly, both written and verbally, with proper grammar, punctuation and to apply language rules.
- Ability to present program information to job seekers, community agencies, and employers.
- Ability to apply techniques used in resume and cover letter writing and effectively guide customers in the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professional, friendly relationships with all visitors to the Michigan Works! Service Centers, including job seekers, partner staff, employers, program administrators and monitors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and various Internet and job search applications.
- Home base location will be assigned. Candidates must be able to work at any of six Detroit locations, as needed.
- Candidate bilingual in Spanish/English encouraged to apply for part-time position at Michigan Avenue/Wyoming location
Full-time hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Part-time hours: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Employment Services Coordinator
11/10/2022 04:34:33 PM
*Position is for Michigan Works! location at 7 Mile and Gratiot/Detroit,MI OR
W.Warren near Southfield Freeway, Detroit, MI
The Employment Service Coordinator is responsible for providing direct supervision of staff and oversight of ES program operations at all DESC center locations in accordance with provisions in the ES manual and local policies and procedures. This person is also responsible for coordination of facilities and services to customers with DESC and the One Stop Center partner agencies. This includes the identification and development of resources, materials, and sources of opportunities to promote placement of qualified Employment Service customers into suitable employment. The Employment Service Coordinator will promote excellence in customer service, provide guidance, direction and instruction to center ES staffs, coordinate scheduling to maintain proper coverage of all centers, and provide accurate reporting of ES data.
- Oversees the daily operations of the ES Center to ensure high quality service delivery to all customers in adherence with program regulations, agency policies, and state mandates.
- Coordinates staff scheduling to ensure sufficient coverage of the ES Center at all times, employee attendance tracking and recording, and data gathering to ensure compliance with and support of reported levels of service.
- Maintains effective and mutually beneficial relationships to enhance the One Stop Center services with One Stop staff and partners, including actively participating in regular meetings and coordinating communication between center and program staffs.
- Compiles and submits required reports within specified deadlines ensuring accuracy of data and maintains the necessary back-up records to support data and reporting for the center. Ensures confidentiality of records in compliance with the ES manual guidelines and local policies.
- Provides direction and guidance for ES staffs and on-going coaching to meet quality and performance goals. Trains new staff in center operations, monitors professional development and maintains staff performance tracking and evaluations.
- Maintains and orders supplies through the ES Program Manager and coordinates facility, equipment and IT support through procedures appropriate to each center.
- Facilitates quality customer service while providing a user-friendly atmosphere in the Service Centers.
- Presents program orientation sessions at various events, meetings, rapid response worker orientations, and community agencies to market services available at the various
- May facilitate job search skills workshop sessions to include resume writing, interviewing and mock interviewing and use of various Internet based job search resources.
DMA System Administrator
12/06/2022 10:58:31 AM
The DMA (Downriver Mutual Aid) System Administrator is responsible for oversight and maintenance of the DMA 911 system (both radio and data). Overseeing the maintenance and contractual agreements at each of the tower sites is a responsibility of this position. This position will also assist with the coordination of DMA grants as it relates to the 911 system and the Data Network and/or police/fire departments.
This position requires the Systems Administrator to be availably 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to respond to outages of any and all DMA systems.
- Oversees and maintains the DMA radio system;
- Maintains and updates FCC licensing
- Maintains and tracks radio changes
- Completes adding/deleting/changing radio information requests
- Coordinates with Motorola for error messages on radios
- Implement plan when Fail Soft occurs
- Documents all work completed on radio system by vendors and contractual agreements
- Develop policies and procedures on radio system for changes and talk groups
- Coordinates Motorola Radio database backup systems
- Coordinates re-banding changes with communities and vendors as required.
This is not a complete listing of all job duties. Complete list of duties will be provided on request.